You could also:
- Make a list of the rhyming words used in the story.
- Retell the story from the little girl's point of view.
- Look at the different animals and plants shown in the illustration. How many can you identify?
- The little girl helps Zog at different points in the story. Can you learn some first aid?
- Can you find out the different items that people keep in a first aid kit? What do each of these things do?
- Investigate which materials would be suitable for Sir Gadabout's armour. Which materials are the strongest?
- Make a model of Zog (or another dragon) using craft materials.
- Can you build a castle to protect a princess from the dragons?
- Princess Pearl doesn't like silly frilly dresses. Can you design some new clothes that she might like?
- Look at the different dragons in the illustrations. Can you draw / paint some more?
- Look at the different colours shown in the illustrations. Can you try to make some of these colours / shades by mixing different art materials?