We hope you have all had a super weekend and had a lovely time spending Mother's Day with your loved ones.
As well as playing with your toys here are some things you could also do at home.
- Hunt for bugs in the garden
- Sing familiar songs and make up your own words to nursery rhyme tunes
- Share stories – retell and act them out
- Water play in the bath – scooping, pouring and measuring
- Painting with water in the garden
- Make music with saucepans and pots
- Build towers from blocks – how many blocks did you use? Can you use the same blocks to build a different tower?
- Outdoor Scavenger hunt - Can you find 5 leaves that look different? A stick longer than you hand? A rock with spots on it?
- Indoor Scavenger hunt - Can you find a toy with wheels? A book with the first letter of your name in the title?
- Help a grown up with the laundry, can you match and pair the socks?
- You could call another family member and share your favourite story over the telephone.
- Facetime a member of your family and tell them all the things you have been doing.
- Share your favourite books with people at home.
- Could a member of your family tell you a story over the telephone?
- You could ask a grown up to hide one of your toys. To find it you ask them questions about where it might be.